3 Grit, d8 STR, d6 DEX, d6 WIL, Bite (d8)
- Strange aquatic, reptilian predators.
- Seem to know more than they should. Hate falsehoods.
Wants: To be left alone, and to eat anyone who doesn’t respect that.
Often Found: 1d6 (1: Basking, 2: Napping, 3: Hissing, 4-5: Lying in Ambush, 6: Aggressing).
3 Grit, d4 STR, d8 DEX, d6 WIL
Peck (d6), sets cloth smoldering on Direct Damage.
- Constantly ornery and aggressive.
- When killed, releases a d8 blast of flame.
- Popular with travelers as its death flare cooks its meat perfectly.
Wants: Respect and bread crumbs.
Often Found: Harassing random passersby.
6 Grit, 1 Armor, d8 STR, d10 DEX, d8 WIL, Claws (d8+d8), Bite (d10)
- Long limbs carry it disturbingly quickly across any surface.
- Arrives at locations prior to momentous events, which has garnered it a reputation as a harbinger of doom.
- If killed, a new Watcher reappears at the next new moon.
Wants: To witness change.
Often Found: Eyes glinting in the night, peering unsettlingly at whatever has attracted its attention.
3 Grit, d4 STR, d8 DEX, d8 WIL
Claws (d6), Bite (d6), deals Direct Damage to WIL on odd damage rolls.
- A cat who lost all nine of its lives, then somehow one more.
- Half ethereal, unaffected by physical things unless it wants to be.
- Having a Half-Dead Cat cross your path is considered to be good luck.
Wants: All the things a normal cat wants, if a normal cat was capable of sharpening its claws on your soul.
Often Found: Hunting mice, then toying with their souls.
2 Grit, d4 STR, d8 DEX, d10 WIL
Somnolescent Dust (d6, blast), deals Direct Damage to WIL. Enhanced if target is tricked by illusions.
- Hides itself while projecting an illusion of a trustworthy figure.
- If an illusion is suspected, it can be broken with a WIL save versus the Butterfly.
- Sustains itself by drinking sleepers’ dreams by extending its proboscis through their ear.
Wants: To sup upon your dreams.
Often Found: Luring unsuspecting travelers to an area already saturated with its Dust.
6 Grit, 2 Armor, d10 STR, d6 DEX, d8 WIL
Bite (d10), consumes a memory and restores d6 Grit on Critical Damage
- Hulking mass of scrolls and books, an incredible if deadly repository of knowledge.
- Bladed weapons and fire bypass Armor.
- Able to teleport between libraries.
- Summon copies of things from consumed books and memories with its quill.
Wants: Your most cherished memory.
Often Found: Lurking in the dark corners of libraries and scriptoriums.
3 Grit, d4 STR, d8 DEX, d6 WIL, Grabby Paws (d6)
- Six legged raccoon-like creature.
- Hunted nearly to extinction due to their incredible tasting meat.
- Very clever, good at sneaking around to steal your trash.
Wants: To eat your trash but not be eaten in turn.
Often Found: Hiding in populated places searching for snacks.
4 Grit, d6 STR, d6 DEX, d8 WIL
Blood Sucking Proboscis (d8), steps up STR on Critical Damage
- A mosquito-cat hybrid the size of a cow.
- Emulates speech by vibrating its wings, which it uses to ask riddles.
- Once a riddle is posed, its attacked are enhanced against anyone who hasn’t answered.
- Anyone who answers a riddle incorrectly has all of their attributes impaired until they answer another riddle correctly.
Wants: To absolutely stump someone with a cracker of a riddle, then drain them of blood.
Often Found: Raiding book stores looking for new books of riddles.
8 Grit, d8 STR, d8 DEX, d6 WIL, Bite (d6) For Each Head
- Smells strongly of rotting flesh.
- Not a predator, but highly territorial of scavenged kills.
- Has d10 heads, and can regenerate lost heads by consuming a creature’s heart.
- Special: On Critical Damage loses a head instead of losing STR. Dies only when all heads are removed.
Wants: Some tasty, sun warmed organ meat. As a snack.
Often Found: Fiercely defending a found corpse from threats (real or imagined).